Bangladesh remove Shakib, Iqbal from captaincies
Dhaka (Bangladesh): The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Monday relieved skipper Shakib Al Hasan and vice captain Tamim Iqbal of their leadership roles for their poor performance in last month`s tour of Zimbabwe.
The board`s media committee chairman Jalal Yunus told reporters that they took the decision after receiving a performance review report.
Yunus said the board had "no option" but to take a tough decision.
In August, Zimbabwe won the five-match one-day international series against Bangladesh 3-2 after it conceded a humiliating 130-run defeat in the only Test in Harare.
Zimbabwe returned to the longer version of the game after five years, making a strong comeback through the game against Bangladesh.
Shakib or Iqbal could not be reached immediately for comment, and it was not clear who would replace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why