Bangladesh remove Shakib, Iqbal from captaincies
Dhaka (Bangladesh): The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Monday relieved skipper Shakib Al Hasan and vice captain Tamim Iqbal of their leadership roles for their poor performance in last month`s tour of Zimbabwe.
The board`s media committee chairman Jalal Yunus told reporters that they took the decision after receiving a performance review report.
Yunus said the board had "no option" but to take a tough decision.
In August, Zimbabwe won the five-match one-day international series against Bangladesh 3-2 after it conceded a humiliating 130-run defeat in the only Test in Harare.
Zimbabwe returned to the longer version of the game after five years, making a strong comeback through the game against Bangladesh.
Shakib or Iqbal could not be reached immediately for comment, and it was not clear who would replace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery