Bangladesh unlikely to practice in Lahore ahead of two-match itinerary
Karachi: The visiting Bangladesh team is unlikely to hold any practice sessions at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore due to security reasons.
According to sources, the Bangladesh team will arrive in Lahore on April 28 and directly play the one-day match and the one T20 game on April 29 and 30.
“Due to security issues, the Bangladesh team will leave on the night of April 30 for Dhaka from Lahore and it plans to have no practice sessions ahead of the matches,” The Daily Times quoted a source, as saying.
He added that Bangladesh team was most likely to have a three-day conditioning camp in Dhaka before flying to Lahore, but it is not clear whether its two senior players, including Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal, would get a break from the Indian Premier League to attend the camp or join the team directly in Lahore.
Meanwhile, Pakistan is scheduled to start a conditioning camp from around April 21 after the national selection committee meeting to announce a list of players for the camp.
“Basically the teams for the two matches will be selected from the pool of players who will be invited for the camp,” a source said.
“The idea is to give exposure to a few new players either in the ODI or in the T20 as the tilt is towards building a separate T20 squad for this year`s T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka,” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details