Bangladesh vs New Zealand: Chittagong Test, Day 2 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
BANGLADESH Overs: 26||Score: 103/2
Bangladesh have recovered from two early blows with Mominul Haque leading the counterattack scoring a quick unbeaten 77 (71, 4X13). Partnering him is Marshall Ayub batting on 21(74b, 4X1). Bangladesh are still trailing New Zealand’s first innings total by 366 runs with 8 wickets in hand. Brendon McCullum has already used six bowlers with Boult and Bracewell tasting success.
BANGLADESH Overs: 10||Score: 52/2
Bangladesh have lost both their opening batsmen early in their innings. In fact, Tamim Iqbal was out first ball after being caught by Kane Williamson off Trent Boult. He went back for a duck. Marshall Ayub came in to bat at no. 3. Five runs and a wicket came in the first over. Anamul Haque was the second wicket to fall after being trapped in front by Doug Bracewell. He scored 3 (11b). His departure brought Mominul Haque to the crease. It took Haque just four deliveries to hit his first boundary in the sixth over. In fact, he hit three consecutive boundaries off Bruce Martin in the seventh over easing the pressure a bit. He hit three more boundaries in the next over, bowled by Bracewell. With his eight boundary in the 10th over, he moved to 40 off just 24 deliveries.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 157.1||Score: 469/10
Watling scored a brilliant century against Bangladesh before falling to Mominul Haque in the 158th over to guide his team to 469. Along with Trent Boult, he added 127 runs for the 10th wicket in 41.5 overs. His innings was encrusted with six boundaries and two sixes. Boult returned unconquered at 52* (137b, 4X4, 6X3). For Bangladesh, Abdur Razzak took 3/147 in 55 overs while Sohag Gazi and Shakib Al Hasan took two wickets apiece.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 150||Score: 453/9
12 runs came in the 141st over including a biggie and a boundary to Boult – both scored in midwicket region. In the 146th over, Watling and Boult scored a six each off Shakib – the former hitting it over the bowler’s head while the latter’s took the partnership beyond 100-run mark. Boult reached his fifty with as single off Razzak in the 149th over.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 140||Score: 410/9
The last wicket pair of Watling and Boult has added 80 runs as they continue frustrating the Bangladeshi bowlers. Boult struck his first six in the 133rd over. Seven runs came in it. A single came off the next. Watling collected his sixth boundary in the 135th over bowled by Gazi. The next over went quietly with two runs being added to the total. Off the following came nine runs including a boundary to Boult. Hossain’s fifth and innings 139th over saw New Zealand add five more runs.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 129||Score: 378/9
The 121st over was a maiden while five runs came off the next including a boundary to Watling. Watling reached his half-century with a single in the 126th over. Later in the over, Trent Boult struck his first boundary via an outside edge. Watling’s fourth boundary came off the first delivery of the 128th over. Nasir Hossain bowled the final over before lunch which was safely seen through by Watling.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 120||Score: 353/9
New Zealand lost their eighth wicket in Bracewell who fell to Sohag Gazi in the 113th over. He was cleaned up after attempting a sweep off the sixth delivery. He scored 29 (72b, 4X3, 6X1). Ish Sodhi came in the bat next. Sodhi could last just five deliveries in his debut game as he was trapped in front by Shakib off the second delivery of the 116th over. Trent Boult came in to bat next. Watling struck a boundary off the second delivery of the 120th over to take the score past 350-run mark.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 110||Score: 334/7
Just a single came from the 101st over while off the next came four. Bracewell lofted Shakib over long-off boundary for a six in the following over. It was the only scoring shot in the over. Off the penultimate delivery of the 104th over, Watling struck his second boundary thanks to an outside edge to third man. The following two were maiden overs. 10 runs were added to the Kiwi total in the next 24 delvieries.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 100||Score: 307/7
Second day’s play is underway and New Zealand have lost two wickets already in the day. Rubel Hossain began the proceedings today and his sixth delivery tempted Burce Martin to go for a pull. However, the batsman could only glove it to wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim as he departed after scoring just 1 (9b). BJ Watling came in as his replacement. For their next wicket, Bangladesh had to wait for just three deliveries as Abdur Razzak removed Corey Anderson inducing an outside edge that was caught by Nasir Hossain at first slip. He scored 1 (5b). Bracewell struck consecutive boundaries in the 97th over to take New Zealand’s score past the 300-run mark.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 90||Score: 281/5
Kane Williamson hit a fluent century for New Zealand before Bangladesh hit back in the final session of the opening day`s play in the first Test in Chittagong on Wednesday.
Williamson made 114 to enable the Black Caps to reach 280-5 after they won the toss and elected to bat on a newly-laid pitch at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury stadium.
New Zealand were coasting at 244-2 when left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, recalled to the Test side after two years, grabbed two of the three wickets that fell after tea.
READ THE MATCH REPORT HERE»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh