Bangladesh vs West Indies: Chanderpaul slams double century on Day 2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
End of Day 2: BANGLADESH: Over: 36 II Score: 164/3 (1st innings)
Naeem Islam 27* and Shakib Al Hasan 16* have managed to stick around and build a decent partnership. Bangladesh got off to a quick start largely due to Tamim Iqbal’s quickfire 72 off 71 balls. Runs did dry up a bit after his dismissal. Bangladesh would like to have the same pair on the field for a considerable part of day 3 for them to get anywhere close to the West Indian total. Ravi Rampaul was the pick of the bowlers for the tourists with figures of 2 for 49.
BANGLADESH: Over: 25 II Score: 120/3 (1st innings)
Bangladesh have lost Tamim Iqbal for 72 off 71 balls. Hits a wide ball straight into the hands of mid-on. Shakib Al Hasan has replaced Tamim. Runs have dried up ever since Tamim fell.
Tamim Iqbal c Narine b Sammy 72 (71b 10x4 2x6)
BANGLADESH: Over: 15 II Score: 110/2 (1st innings)
Nafees has been dismissed caught behind off the bowling of Rampaul for 31 runs. He was looking really good in the middle. Tamim Iqbal however continues unabated and is on 67* runs. He has hit ten fours and two massive sixes off Sunil Narine. Naeem Islam has joined Iqbal in the middle.
Shahriar Nafees c Ramdin b Rampaul 31 (27b 7x4 0x6)
BANGLADESH: Over: 10 II Score: 66/1 (1st innings)
The loss of Siddique’s wicket has not affected Tamim Iqbal much. He continues to hit some glorious boundaries and is batting on 41* off 32 balls with eight hits to the fence. Nafees is batting on 14* off 14 balls with three boundaries. The best part about the partnership has been that they have played proper cricketing shots and have found the gaps to perfection.
BANGLADESH: Over: 5 II Score: 25/1 (1st innings)
Tamim Iqbal and Junaid Siddique are opening the innings for Bangladesh. Ravi Rampaul and Tino Best have taken the new ball. They are bowling at a good pace. Bangladesh managed to be quite positive in the first five overs. Tamim Iqbal in particular played some wonderful shots through cover and has already hit boundaries. Siddique was dismissed by Rampaul caught at second slip. Shahriar Nafees replaces him the middle.
Junaid Siddique c Bravo b Rampaul 7 (14b 1x4 0x6)
WEST INDIES: Over: 144 II Score: 527/4 (1st innings)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul has got to his double century and West Indies have declared. Chanderpaul remained unbeaten at 203*and Ramdin scored 126*. Bangladesh have a very tough task ahead of them.
WEST INDIES: Over: 136 II Score: 488/4 (1st innings)
Ramdin has completed his century and Chanderpaul has moved on to 187*. Bangladesh spinners are looking completely out of ideas. The two batsmen are looking very comfortable in the middle.
WEST INDIES: Over: 118 II Score: 437/4 (1st innings)
Chanderpaul is batting on 156* and Ramdin is on 84*. West Indies look all set for a huge first innings total.
West Indies’ Kieron Powell and Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored a century apiece on the opening day of the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India