Bangladesh vs West Indies: Powell, Chanderpaul slam ton on Day 1
Zeenews Sports Bureau
WEST INDIES: Over: 90 II Score: 361/4 (1st innings)
West Indies’ Kieron Powell and Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored a century apiece on the opening day of the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur on Tuesday. Debutant offie Sohag Gazi was launched for a biggie by Chris Gayle as he began the proceedings of the day but later would have returned happy after taking three wickets. AT stumps Chanderpaul (123) and Ramdin (52) were still batting for the visitors.
WEST INDIES: Over: 57 II Score: 211/3 (1st innings)
Opener Kieran Powell has completed his century on the first day of the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur on Tuesday. Batting alongside the leftie is another southpaw and West Indian veteran Shivnarine Chanderpaul. Both of them have now added 105 runs for the fourth wicket.
WEST INDIES: Over: 38 II Score: 134/3
Kieran Powell has completed his fifty and is currently batting on 62(120b, 4X8, 6X1) along with Shivnarine Chanderpaul (5*). The last wicket to fall was that of Marlon Samuels who was caught by Gazi off Shahadat Hossain. He scored 16(41b, 4X3).
The first of the two Test matches between Bangladesh and West Indies has begun in Mirpur. The touring party led by Darren Sammy won the toss on Tuesday electing to bat first.
The visitors have lost two wickets both falling to Sohag Gazi. The first one to depart was Chris Gayle who was caught by Mahmadullah while the second one to fall was left-hander Darren Bravo caught by Rubel Hossain. Gayle scored 24 (17b, 2X4, 2X6) while Bravo left after 14 (28b, 3X4).
WEST INDIES: Over: 1 II Score: 18/0
WHAT AN ELECTRIC START TO THE FIRST TEST! Opener Chris Gayle stunned debutant spinner Sohag Gazil with a six off the first ball of the match over long on. He then repeated the act with the fourth ball of the over disappearing into the stands. A total of 18 runs came in the first over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list