Bangladesh vs West Indies: Powell, Chanderpaul slam ton on Day 1
Zeenews Sports Bureau
WEST INDIES: Over: 90 II Score: 361/4 (1st innings)
West Indies’ Kieron Powell and Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored a century apiece on the opening day of the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur on Tuesday. Debutant offie Sohag Gazi was launched for a biggie by Chris Gayle as he began the proceedings of the day but later would have returned happy after taking three wickets. AT stumps Chanderpaul (123) and Ramdin (52) were still batting for the visitors.
WEST INDIES: Over: 57 II Score: 211/3 (1st innings)
Opener Kieran Powell has completed his century on the first day of the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur on Tuesday. Batting alongside the leftie is another southpaw and West Indian veteran Shivnarine Chanderpaul. Both of them have now added 105 runs for the fourth wicket.
WEST INDIES: Over: 38 II Score: 134/3
Kieran Powell has completed his fifty and is currently batting on 62(120b, 4X8, 6X1) along with Shivnarine Chanderpaul (5*). The last wicket to fall was that of Marlon Samuels who was caught by Gazi off Shahadat Hossain. He scored 16(41b, 4X3).
The first of the two Test matches between Bangladesh and West Indies has begun in Mirpur. The touring party led by Darren Sammy won the toss on Tuesday electing to bat first.
The visitors have lost two wickets both falling to Sohag Gazi. The first one to depart was Chris Gayle who was caught by Mahmadullah while the second one to fall was left-hander Darren Bravo caught by Rubel Hossain. Gayle scored 24 (17b, 2X4, 2X6) while Bravo left after 14 (28b, 3X4).
WEST INDIES: Over: 1 II Score: 18/0
WHAT AN ELECTRIC START TO THE FIRST TEST! Opener Chris Gayle stunned debutant spinner Sohag Gazil with a six off the first ball of the match over long on. He then repeated the act with the fourth ball of the over disappearing into the stands. A total of 18 runs came in the first over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now