Bangladesh would look to restrict India within 265: Nasir
Mirpur: Bangladesh all-rounder Nasir Hossain sounded upbeat ahead of their Asia Cup encounter against India on March 16, saying the hosts would look to restrict their formidable opponents within 265 runs at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium here.
"We are confident about the next game against India and we are looking forward to do something good. It would be good game if we can restrict India within 260 to 265 runs on this wicket and I`m confident that`s possible for us," said Nasir.
Bangladesh suffered a heartbreaking 21-run defeat to Pakistan in the tournament opener despite Shakib al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal`s batting heroics.
On the chances of senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar scoring his elusive 100th international hundred against Bangladesh, Nasir came up with an interesting reply: "A good ball is a good ball for everyone irrespective of whether Tendulkar is playing it or not."
Tendulkar got out cheaply in India`s first match against Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
Nasir, who was involved in an 89-run sixth wicket partnership with Shakib and whose dismissal at a crucial juncture in the match against Pakistan put paid to Bangladesh`s hopes of registering an upset win, admitted that he played a rather casual shot.
"I was a set batsman, so my dismissal was the turning point in the match. I shouldn`t have got out at that stage of the match but I think I played a bit causally. It would have been better if I was tight in my approach at that stage," the 20-year-old all-rounder told reporters.
Nasir said the hosts should learn the art of finishing games off if they want to win matches.
"I think we should improve in this area and we are trying to do that. We went close on several occasions and then lost. We will try not to repeat it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'