Bangladesh would look to restrict India within 265: Nasir
Mirpur: Bangladesh all-rounder Nasir Hossain sounded upbeat ahead of their Asia Cup encounter against India on March 16, saying the hosts would look to restrict their formidable opponents within 265 runs at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium here.
"We are confident about the next game against India and we are looking forward to do something good. It would be good game if we can restrict India within 260 to 265 runs on this wicket and I`m confident that`s possible for us," said Nasir.
Bangladesh suffered a heartbreaking 21-run defeat to Pakistan in the tournament opener despite Shakib al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal`s batting heroics.
On the chances of senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar scoring his elusive 100th international hundred against Bangladesh, Nasir came up with an interesting reply: "A good ball is a good ball for everyone irrespective of whether Tendulkar is playing it or not."
Tendulkar got out cheaply in India`s first match against Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
Nasir, who was involved in an 89-run sixth wicket partnership with Shakib and whose dismissal at a crucial juncture in the match against Pakistan put paid to Bangladesh`s hopes of registering an upset win, admitted that he played a rather casual shot.
"I was a set batsman, so my dismissal was the turning point in the match. I shouldn`t have got out at that stage of the match but I think I played a bit causally. It would have been better if I was tight in my approach at that stage," the 20-year-old all-rounder told reporters.
Nasir said the hosts should learn the art of finishing games off if they want to win matches.
"I think we should improve in this area and we are trying to do that. We went close on several occasions and then lost. We will try not to repeat it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'