Barbadian born English pacer eager to take on Australia
Perth: Barbadian born fast bowler Chris Jordan says he is eager to take on Australia when they meet England in the One-Day International (ODI) series Down Under.
Jordan was named in England’s squad for the five match series that follows the Ashes series next month, reports CMC.
“It would be a great honour to play for England out here especially seeing the way the Test matches are going and seeing the fight that Australia are putting up,” said the Sussex paceman who returned figures of 3-51 on his ODI debut against Australia in September.
“It would be nice to get involved in that battle and come out on the right end of it."
Jordon’s form saw him called up to represent the England Lions in their three-match series against Bangladesh earlier this year when he took five wickets in two appearances at Taunton.
He is currently in Perth with the England Performance Programme and believes the high intensity work is developing his game.
"I’m very delighted to be honest, obviously having got that taste initially in the summer it would be nice to get another few games and hopefully I can get them in the upcoming series,” he told ecb.co.uk.
“I’ve been out in Australia thus far and I’m working quite hard on my game and it’s nice to get that call up which makes the trip that much better."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!