Barbadian born English pacer eager to take on Australia
Perth: Barbadian born fast bowler Chris Jordan says he is eager to take on Australia when they meet England in the One-Day International (ODI) series Down Under.
Jordan was named in England’s squad for the five match series that follows the Ashes series next month, reports CMC.
“It would be a great honour to play for England out here especially seeing the way the Test matches are going and seeing the fight that Australia are putting up,” said the Sussex paceman who returned figures of 3-51 on his ODI debut against Australia in September.
“It would be nice to get involved in that battle and come out on the right end of it."
Jordon’s form saw him called up to represent the England Lions in their three-match series against Bangladesh earlier this year when he took five wickets in two appearances at Taunton.
He is currently in Perth with the England Performance Programme and believes the high intensity work is developing his game.
"I’m very delighted to be honest, obviously having got that taste initially in the summer it would be nice to get another few games and hopefully I can get them in the upcoming series,” he told ecb.co.uk.
“I’ve been out in Australia thus far and I’m working quite hard on my game and it’s nice to get that call up which makes the trip that much better."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28