Basit Ali says Junaid`s action is suspect
Karachi: Former Pakistan batsman Basit Ali believes that the national team`s young pace bowler, Junaid Khan will soon land into trouble over his bowling action.
"There is a problem with his bowling action and there is a visible jerk when he bowls. The selectors should have seen this before picking him in the side," Basit said today.
Basit, who played 19 Tests and 50 one-day internationals, said that Junaid`s bowling action would soon be reported by match officials in the ongoing series in the West Indies.
Junaid, a left-arm pace bowler, made his international debut in the T20 match against West Indies in St Lucia yesterday.
He was also called up to the World Cup squad by the selectors as a replacement for the unfit Sohail Tanvir but didn`t get play.
The selectors rate him highly as a promising future prospect.
But Basit said Junaid needed corrective measures on his bowling action.
Basit, who had been a national selector, also said that dropping Younis Khan for the one-day series in the Caribbean while retaining Misbah-ul-Haq was sheer injustice.
"The selectors talk about rebuilding and new players but Misbah, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman are all in their thirties."
Pakistan lost the T20 international to a depleted West Indian side by seven runs.
Pakistan cricket has a history of problems, with many of its bowlers being reported for suspect action.
In the recent past Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Saeed Ajmal have all been reported by match officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!