Batting conditions in England were difficult: Asad Shafiq
Karachi: Pakistani batsman Asad Shafiq, who made his debut in the recent ODI series against England, has said that it was a tough ask to show glimpses of his talent in difficult circumstances and completely alien English conditions.
Shafiq scored 120 runs in the five-match series, including a maiden half-century off 58 deliveries at Headingley.
“Yes it was a tough ask for me, as I have never played cricket in England before, but the way I look at it is that the best players thrive in difficult situations and difficult circumstances,” said Shafiq.
“I knew that conditions would be tough for batting, given that the ball seams and swings a lot more in England than in Asia. I really enjoyed the experience and feel that it was fantastic for my future development,” he added.
The 24-year-old however did admit that being a professional cricketer, he has to get used to playing in different conditions.
“It was a major change for me to be playing in Sri Lanka and then suddenly to be playing in England against a top class bowling attack. I was aware that I needed to make adjustments to cope with the conditions in England,” Shafiq said.
“The weather was hot and humid in Sri Lanka and when I arrived in England the weather was much cooler and cloudy. The wickets were also predominantly batting friendly in Sri Lanka, but overall I think I adjusted quite well,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know