Baugh`s formula for success: Be positive, play natural game
Roseau (Dominica): His was a standout performance in yet another dismal batting show by the West Indies and wicketkeeper Carlton Baugh said the key to his sparkling knock was to shut out the negativity and play his natural game.
"I`ve worked hard on my game. I am trying to be as attacking as I can be," said Baugh after his 60 off a mere 79 balls with six fours and a six, helped his team reach 204 all out on the second day of the ongoing third and final Test here.
Baugh kept attacking Indian seamers and spinner Harbhajan Singh though he conceded they all were a formidable bunch of bowlers.
"I was just being positive against them. For example, Muanf Patel is a good bowler and he can at times be unplayable. But when you are on the go, you have a go at pretty much everybody," he said.
"I play my game regardless of what has happened before. I don`t want to be a negative player and try to push and pull. It has worked for me."
"If a shot is there to be played I go through with it. I am not a person who does not do that. But I don`t go hunting for it if it is not there," Baugh said.
"The key to Indian bowling is their consistency. They have been very persistent against our batsmen. At the moment, I feel confident and am looking forward to being in the team for a long time," he explained.
Baugh conceded it was a challenge keeping wickets to leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo.
"It`s a challenge. If a left-hander is batting, if he bowls on the legside, your blind side, that can be a big challenge. It is something I have to practice every day so I can be good at it."
Baugh became the 400th victim of Harbhajan Singh and revealed the Indian had the ball signed by him as a memento.
"He actually came to me after the game was called off and asked me to sign the ball with 400 on it. I pretty much signed it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal