BCB bans Nadir Shah for 10 years
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Monday banned international umpire Nadir Shah for 10 years .
The board had launched investigations after a sting operation by an Indian TV channel had revealed the veteran umpire willing to fix matches.
The ICC has welcomed the decision as a step in the right direction to root out corruption from the game.
The international umpire though has said that he will challenge the decision and believes he has been made a scapegoat.
Shah has officiated in 40 one-day internationals and three Twenty20 internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!