BCB chief: Bangladesh may lose ICC membership if it doesn`t follow guidelines
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Nazmul Hassan has warned the board`s officials that it may lose membership if the election guidelines are not followed as instructed by the ICC.
The ICC had amended its election guidelines in order to reduce government interference in electing officials to the board and accordingly BCB had to amend its constitution in March 2012.
However, the Bangladesh High Court challenged the new constitution and as affirmation from the National Sports Council was required, the elections were delayed.
According to the guidelines the BCB elections are supposed to take place within 90 days of appointment of the ad-hoc committee.
Hassan said that if the elections are not conducted in accordance with the ICC guidelines, and the court declares the 2008 constitution valid then Bangladesh would lose its membership.
He further said that the board needs constitution to run the elections and as it has two constitutions at the moment, one from 2008 and other from 2012 , the elections are getting delayed.
Hassan added that since the decision lies with the High Court and unless the court decides on the constitution there is nothing much that can be done by the board.
However, since ICC has set a time frame and bindings the BCB would be seeking legal help to work out the situation within the limitations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video