BCB claims India agreed to host Bangaldesh for Tests series
Dhaka: Bangladesh Cricket Board today said that the BCCI has agreed to host its team for the first ever Test series in India later this year.
A BCB release said that its chief Mustafa Kamal had been assured by his Indian counterpart Narayanaswamy Srinivasan that India will host Bangladesh this year. Kamal met Srinivasan on the sidelines of the opening ceremony of the ongoing Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament.
"BCB President AHM Mustafa Kamal informed the Board that he has had favourable discussions with BCCI President N Srinivasan during his recent visit to India and has received assurance that India will host Bangladesh for a full tour later this year," the BCB release said.
India have not hosted Bangladesh for a Test match since the Tigers gained full status in 2000. Bangladesh`s only visits to India have been for one-day internationals.
On the other hand, India have played seven Tests in Bangladesh, including the inaugural match in Dhaka in November 2000, but remain the only Test-playing nation yet to welcome
the Bangladeshis at home.
It remained to be seen how India accommodate Bangladesh in their crowded schedule.
India are due to host New Zealand in August-September for three Tests, take part in the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka in September-October, and then host England for four Tests in
Bangladesh have lost 63 of their 73 Tests so far, winning only three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price