BCB claims India agreed to host Bangaldesh for Tests series
Dhaka: Bangladesh Cricket Board today said that the BCCI has agreed to host its team for the first ever Test series in India later this year.
A BCB release said that its chief Mustafa Kamal had been assured by his Indian counterpart Narayanaswamy Srinivasan that India will host Bangladesh this year. Kamal met Srinivasan on the sidelines of the opening ceremony of the ongoing Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament.
"BCB President AHM Mustafa Kamal informed the Board that he has had favourable discussions with BCCI President N Srinivasan during his recent visit to India and has received assurance that India will host Bangladesh for a full tour later this year," the BCB release said.
India have not hosted Bangladesh for a Test match since the Tigers gained full status in 2000. Bangladesh`s only visits to India have been for one-day internationals.
On the other hand, India have played seven Tests in Bangladesh, including the inaugural match in Dhaka in November 2000, but remain the only Test-playing nation yet to welcome
the Bangladeshis at home.
It remained to be seen how India accommodate Bangladesh in their crowded schedule.
India are due to host New Zealand in August-September for three Tests, take part in the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka in September-October, and then host England for four Tests in
Bangladesh have lost 63 of their 73 Tests so far, winning only three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?