BCB hires new lawyer for Pakistan tour clearance
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has replaced its legal team with a new lawyer, Rokon Uddin Mahmud, to fight against the Public Litigation Appeal (PLA), filed by the two locals in the High Court.
"The BCB chairman, Mustafa Kamal has approached us to appear in court on July 12. I have just returned from abroad and have not seen the papers and therefore cannot divulge the details about our defence line," a daily quoted Rokon Mahmud, as saying.
The BCB had planned a short tour to Pakistan in April this year, but it was cancelled after a High Court stay order on the tour for four weeks.
According to the two petitioners, Khandiker Dider-us-Salam and Kamal Hossain Miazi, it was unsafe for the national team to travel to Pakistan at that time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured