BCB hires new lawyer for Pakistan tour clearance
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has replaced its legal team with a new lawyer, Rokon Uddin Mahmud, to fight against the Public Litigation Appeal (PLA), filed by the two locals in the High Court.
"The BCB chairman, Mustafa Kamal has approached us to appear in court on July 12. I have just returned from abroad and have not seen the papers and therefore cannot divulge the details about our defence line," a daily quoted Rokon Mahmud, as saying.
The BCB had planned a short tour to Pakistan in April this year, but it was cancelled after a High Court stay order on the tour for four weeks.
According to the two petitioners, Khandiker Dider-us-Salam and Kamal Hossain Miazi, it was unsafe for the national team to travel to Pakistan at that time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre