BCB offers Saqlain spin bowling consultant`s post
Karachi: Former Pakistan off-spinner, Saqlain Mushtaq has been offered the position of spin bowling consultant by the Bangladesh cricket Board but he is yet to sign the contract.
"I am more interested in doing something for Pakistan cricket unfortunately no one is interested in utilizing my experience," Saqlain said today.
The Bangladesh cricket board today at its meeting said it had offered a three month contract to Saqlain considered one of the top off-break bowlers in international cricket.
The BCB apparently wants Saqlain to join their national team for a tour to Europe that begins from July 16 but are awaiting his signature on the contract.
The BCB remains hopeful that the off-spinner will join them in Ireland by July 15.
Saqlain, who has worked as a spin bowling consultant with the Australian and New Zealand teams in the past, said though the BCB had sent him the contract but his agent was negotiating with them.
"There are some points in the contract that need clarification and my agent is working on it after which I will decide on signing," Saqlain said from Leicester where he resides in the United Kingdom .
Saqlain said he was presently coaching the bowlers at Somerset county but was willing to serve Pakistan cricket in a proper capacity.
"If anyone from the PCB ever comes up with an offer I will look to it because I want Pakistani players to take advantage of my experience, unfortunately no one from the PCB has ever contacted me in this regard," he lamented.
Pakistan`s leading spinner in the 90s until 2004, Saqlain said he is a level three qualified coach and so Australia and New Zealand asked him to work with their spinners.
"I have plenty of coaching experience but what is sad is that no one in Pakistan looks towards me," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees