BCB to send delegation to Pakistan
Karachi: The Bangladesh Cricket Board could send a delegation to Lahore in the next few days to ensure the participation of top Pakistani players in the Bangladesh Premier League beginning January 18.
Sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board said that a delegation from the BCB headed by its President, Nazmul Hassan was expected soon after Pakistan`s series with India ends on Sunday.
"Indications are that they want to reassure us that they want to send their team to Pakistan but didn`t get government clearance for the same due to security concerns," a source said.
He said that the BCB delegation would meet with PCB chairman, Zaka Ashraf and try to convince him that their commitment to tour Pakistan was still on track.
"Clearly they are concerned about the issue of whether the PCB will allow its players to play in the BPL as the dates clash with our Quaid-e-Trophy which is our premier domestic competition," another source said.
So far the PCB, except for a vague statement, has maintained a silence on the whole issue and sources say a final decision on issuing NOC`s to players for the BPL will be taken after Ashraf returns home on Monday.
"It is a dicey situation even for the PCB because it would not like to damage its long-term relations with the BCB and give negative vibes by stopping its players going to the BPL. But at the same time it wants to register its protest over the BCB stopping its team from coming to Pakistan for a second time in nine months` time," the source said.
The players themselves are anxiously waiting for a clear cut policy from the PCB as many of them are being paid well by franchises in the BPL.
In the inaugural edition of the BPL, around 20 Pakistani players took part in the league, and in the second edition`s players auction, around 50 Pakistani players were contracted with opener, Imran Nazir being paid a highest price of USD 280,000 followed by Shahid Afridi at USD 265,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH