BCCI announces 15-man World Cup squad; Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa ignored
According to the sources chances of Yuvraj Singh to be picked in the WC squad are quite bleak.
- Mumbai: Indian national selectors announced the much-awaited 15-member squad for the ICC World Cup 2015, scheduled to take place in Australia and New Zealand from February 14.
- Here is complete list of the 15-member India squad for World Cup 2015: MS Dhoni (c & wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Stuart Binny, Umesh Yadav.
- Yuvraj Singh and Robin Uthappa failed to make the cut, whereas Stuart Binny has been included.
- In the press conference, the BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said that Ravindra Jadeja is undergoing rehabilitation and should be fit in 10 days. Patel also added that Yuvraj Singh's name was also discussed in the meeting along with several other players.
- Do you think this Indian squad can defend the World Cup for us?
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni will once again lead India in the quadrennial event, who will be the defending champions this time around.
- The batting mainstay in the Indian batting line up Virat Kohli will be Dhoni's deputy.
- Indian selectors also picked the team for the Tri-series featuring England and Australia.
- Here is list of Indian squad for the Tri Series:
- MS Dhoni (Captain), Virat Kohli (V Captain), Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Stuart Binny, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Ambati Rayudu, Axar Patel, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Md. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Mohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma, Dhawal Kulkarni.
- Destructive southpaw, Yuvraj Singh, who came in contention after smashing three consecutive tons in domestic cricket even after missing the cut in the 30-man probables list, was given a cold shoulder once again by the selectors.
- According to the media reports, BCCI selection committee meeting is over and the ICC World Cup team can be announced shortly.
- Indian ODI skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and coach Duncan Fletcher are also being part of the on-going World Cup meeting via video conferencing.
- Sandeep Patel-led selection panel will shortly announce the final 15-member World Cup squad.
- It would be interesting to see whether India will go with five seamers or will content with only four.
- Robin Uthappa, who is also in contention to break into the 15-man WC squad, today played another solid knock of 156 for Karnataka in the Ranji Trophy match.
- Nervous moments for the cricketers who are in the 30-member probables list and even for the hero of of 2011 World Cup winning team Yuvraj Singh.
- According to the sources chances of Yuvraj Singh to be picked in the WC squad are quite bleak.
- — BCCI (@BCCI) January 6, 2015
- News Alert: Roger Binny reaches BCCI office to attend the selection meeting.
- Regular feature of the India ODI team, Ravinder Jadeja is not fit, which is serious concern for the defending champions.
- Can opener Murali Vijay make the cut in the final 15-member World Cup list? It's a tough question to answer. But he has certainly enhanced his reputation as a Test cricketer, by performing superbly with the bat in the on-going series against Australia.
- It's a big day for India cricketers as national selectors will announce the name of 15-man World Cup squad within few minutes from now. Along with that they will also announce the ODI squad for the triangular series in Australia.
- The meeting starts at 1 PM.
- Sandeep Patil, Saba Karim, Vikram Rathod and Rajendra Hans have arrived for the World Cup squad selection meeting.
- The out-of-favour Yuvraj Singh's brilliant domestic form might weigh on the selectors. Yuvraj, who was not picked even in the preliminary list of 30 probables on December 4 last, has since come back into contention by striking three back-to-back hundreds against Haryana, Maharashtra and Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy.
- The hard-hitting left-hander, significantly the man of the 2011 World Cup that was won by India and scorer of over 8000 runs from 293 ODIs, also got among the wickets with his left-arm spin on the placid track in the match at Rajkot.
— BCCI (@BCCI) January 6, 2015