BCCI appoints Ravi Sawant as new treasurer
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI has reportedly appointed Ravi Sawant, president of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), as its new treasurer.
The top brass of the cricket board met in New Delhi on Monday to discuss the future of the IPL teams Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings following the revelations of the spot-fixing scandal.
Sawant replaces Ajay Shirke who had resigned in wake of the spot-fixing controversy.
Meanwhile, the interim report on the scandal has been submitted to the cricket board. According to sources, he report has recommended banning the tainted trio of S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan for life.
More to follow...
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you