BCCI appoints Ravi Sawant as new treasurer
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI has reportedly appointed Ravi Sawant, president of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), as its new treasurer.
The top brass of the cricket board met in New Delhi on Monday to discuss the future of the IPL teams Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings following the revelations of the spot-fixing scandal.
Sawant replaces Ajay Shirke who had resigned in wake of the spot-fixing controversy.
Meanwhile, the interim report on the scandal has been submitted to the cricket board. According to sources, he report has recommended banning the tainted trio of S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan for life.
More to follow...
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth