BCCI appoints Ravi Sawant as new treasurer
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI has reportedly appointed Ravi Sawant, president of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), as its new treasurer.
The top brass of the cricket board met in New Delhi on Monday to discuss the future of the IPL teams Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings following the revelations of the spot-fixing scandal.
Sawant replaces Ajay Shirke who had resigned in wake of the spot-fixing controversy.
Meanwhile, the interim report on the scandal has been submitted to the cricket board. According to sources, he report has recommended banning the tainted trio of S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan for life.
More to follow...
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble