BCCI appoints Ravi Sawant as new treasurer
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI has reportedly appointed Ravi Sawant, president of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), as its new treasurer.
The top brass of the cricket board met in New Delhi on Monday to discuss the future of the IPL teams Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings following the revelations of the spot-fixing scandal.
Sawant replaces Ajay Shirke who had resigned in wake of the spot-fixing controversy.
Meanwhile, the interim report on the scandal has been submitted to the cricket board. According to sources, he report has recommended banning the tainted trio of S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan for life.
More to follow...
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement