BCCI changes timings of India-Australia ODI series
New Delhi: The dew factor has prompted the BCCI to revise the match-timings of the upcoming ODI cricket series between India and Australia starting October 13 in Pune.
The match-timings have been preponed by an hour to ensure that dew does not hamper the side batting second even though the BCCI did not specify any particular reason for the new timings in the release issued today.
Under the revised timings, the first session will be played from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm followed by an interval between 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm.
The second session will be played from 5:45 pm to 9:15 pm, BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement.
The excessive dew factor prompts the ball to get slippery thus placing the side bowling second at a disadvantageous position.
India and Australia will play a one off Twenty20 match before the ODIs. That match is scheduled for October 7 in Rajkot.
The seven-match ODI series will conclude on November 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter