BCCI committee visits Vizag stadium to accord Test status
Visakhapatnam: A BCCI panel headed by Ranjit Biswal today inspected the YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium here to accord Test status accreditation to the venue.
"The committee had inspected the total stadium and made a note of all the amenities in it. Also Vizag is one of the IPL centres. And will be considered for the IPL match allocation after necessary home work done," said Biswal, Chairman, IPL Governing Body & Convenor of the BCCI Inspection Committee.
"....All the requirements are on par for the recommendation for Test Status for this venue and our report will be submitted to BCCI," a Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) release quoted him as saying.
The four-member team visited the field of play and practice facilities, ground equipment, players Dressing rooms, Umpires and Match Referee room, score board, media facilities and other amenities.
"ACA already staged One day International matches here very successfully. While hosting them already met the required parameters," Director, Cricket Operations, BCCI, M V Sridhar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?