BCCI congratulates India U-19 team for Asia Cup triumph
Mumbai: Cricket Board President N Srinivasan on Saturday congratulated the Indian team for winning the Under-19 Asia Cup title in Sharjah.
India Colts defeated arch-rivals Pakistan by 40 runs in the final of the Under-19 Asia Cup.
Skipper Vijay Zol (100) and Sanju Samson (100) scored contrasting centuries to help India reach 314 for eight in their allotted 50 overs. In reply, Pakistan could reach 274 for nine, despite a fighting ton from Kamran Ghulam (102 not out).
"The Indian under-19 team has excelled itself. Hearty congratulations to them for winning the Asia Cup," said Srinivasan.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel also congratulated the team and said, "Heartiest congratulations to our team for winning the under-19 Asia Cup."
BCCI`s joint secretary Anurag Thakur said the team has made the whole country proud.
"Our under-19 boys have done us proud once again. We are confident that they will repeat this showing in the forthcoming ICC under-19 World Cup," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?