BCCI congratulates India U-19 team for Asia Cup triumph
Mumbai: Cricket Board President N Srinivasan on Saturday congratulated the Indian team for winning the Under-19 Asia Cup title in Sharjah.
India Colts defeated arch-rivals Pakistan by 40 runs in the final of the Under-19 Asia Cup.
Skipper Vijay Zol (100) and Sanju Samson (100) scored contrasting centuries to help India reach 314 for eight in their allotted 50 overs. In reply, Pakistan could reach 274 for nine, despite a fighting ton from Kamran Ghulam (102 not out).
"The Indian under-19 team has excelled itself. Hearty congratulations to them for winning the Asia Cup," said Srinivasan.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel also congratulated the team and said, "Heartiest congratulations to our team for winning the under-19 Asia Cup."
BCCI`s joint secretary Anurag Thakur said the team has made the whole country proud.
"Our under-19 boys have done us proud once again. We are confident that they will repeat this showing in the forthcoming ICC under-19 World Cup," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video