BCCI-CSA meet on Saturday to work out bilateral series
Mumbai: Seeking to end the deadlock over the much-anticipated India`s tour of South Africa, BCCI President N Srinivasan will meet his Cricket South Africa counterpart Chris Nenzani on Saturday for discussions on the bilateral series.
Nenzani would be giving CSA`s Annual General Meeting a miss to hold parleys with Srinivasan and work out a possible schedule for the series.
The BCCI did not invite CSA`s newly-appointed CEO Haroon Lorgat for the discussion due to its differences with the former ICC CEO.
The India-South Africa series has generated much controversy after CSA released its schedule without consulting the BCCI. Matters came to a head when CSA appointed Haroon Lorgat as its CEO despite the BCCI`s reported objections.
According to the original schedule released by the CSA, India were supposed to begin their tour of South Africa with a warm-up game on November 18 and end it with a Test on January 15. The series originally comprised three Tests, seven ODIs and two T20 Internationals. India, on the other hand, wanted a shorter itinerary.
Now, India`s home series against the West Indies ends on November 27 while their tour of New Zealand begins from January 19.
Effectively this has compressed the tour of South Africa to a point where it will be impossible to go with the original schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview