BCCI decides venues for Ranji Trophy quarter final matches
Mumbai: The Cricket Board has decided upon the venues of the four Ranji Trophy quarter final games irrespective of who, from among the contestants, advance to the knockout stage of the tournament from the league phase that ends on Wednesday.
"We have decided that the knock out games are to be played at identified venues. The quarter final venues are: Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, Eden Gardens in Kolkata, Moti Baug ground in Vadodara and Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore," said BCCI general manager (game development), Prof Ratnakar Shetty here today.
The four quarter finals would be played concurrently from January 8-12 at these four venues.
With some of the qualifiers yet to be spotted, the Board has fixed tomorrow as the day to conduct the knockout draw, Shetty informed.
The venues of the semi finals and final - to be held from January 18-22 and January 29-February 2 - would be decided later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy