BCCI discuss tax related issues in working committee meeting
Chennai: The BCCI working committee met here on Monday to discuss tax related issues and president N Srinivasan apprised the members about the current situation regarding the the hefty income tax imposed on it by the Central government.
"The BCCI has been issued a notice by the Income Tax department charging amount to the tune of Rs 2300 crores. The BCCI had already paid Rs 1000 crores. The president today apprised the members about the current situation and sought their opinion about what needs to be done regarding the payment of additional Rs 1300 crores," a senior working committee member said.
It has been learnt that the BCCI top brass will certainly be taking the opinion of their legal experts on this issue.
Apart from tax related issues, today`s working committee meeting did not have any other agenda on the table.
Karnataka State Cricket Association president Anil Kumble, who normally attends all working committee meetings, was absent with KSCA secretary Javagal Srinath representing the state body.
On Tuesday the BCCI will have a meeting related to IPL venues and playing conditions here, where the curators of different centres staging IPL matches have been summoned to instruct them about nature of pitches expected during the cash-rich league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala