BCCI Emergent WC meet set for Sunday after 2
Chennai: The BCCI Emergent Working Committee meeting, where Board President N Srinivisan might resign in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing scandal, has been rescheduled from 11am to 2:30pm here on Sunday.
"An Emergent meeting of the Working Committee of the BCCI will be held at 2:30 pm on Sunday, 2 June 2013, at the Park Sheraton, Chennai," BCCI Joint Secretary Anurag Thakur said in a statement.
During the meeting, the beleaguered Srinivasan may announce his resignation from the post after he was isolated by his team in the Board.
As pressure mounted on him to quit in the wake of the scandal and the arrest of his son-in-law on betting charges, the BCCI has advanced the Working Committee meeting which Srinivasan had planned to convene next Saturday.
The announcement came hours after Vice-President Arun Jaitley and Joint Secretary Anurag Thakur told reporters to wait for a "significant" development in a day`s time.
Sources in the Board said Srinivasan may announce his decision to quit the post and he has discussed this with some of the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice