BCCI likely to move court in NCA land-deal controversy
Kolkata: The BCCI is contemplating to move the court over the murky National Cricket Academy land deal, interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya said on Tuesday.
"I am hearing two three things. We had a Working Committee Meeting here where the subject was raised. It has been advised to look into matter and take action. BCCI might go to court as so much money is involved," Dalmiya said.
The BCCI is embroiled in a land deal controversy for the Bangalore-based National Cricket Academy as the Karnataka High Court had ruled the deal, allegedly running to the tune of Rs 50 crore, illegal.
"We have paid the money to the government organisation, but the deal is not through, so we want the money back," Dalmiya added.
"I`ve spoken to (secretary) Sanjay Patel and (CA0) Ratnakar Shetty about this. We cannot say there`s foul play."
Dalmiya further said the itinerary for the South Africa tour was being worked out.
"It`s going on and the fixture is going through a change," he said.
Asked about the controversial DRS, Dalmiya said, "We have already taken a decision at the ICC meeting in July."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof