BCCI makes net surplus of Rs 190 crore
Mumbai: The Cricket Board has made a net profit of Rs 189.72 crore in 2010-11, a 200 per cent increase in its surplus in the previous fiscal, BCCI treasurer M P Pandove said in his annual report.
The net surplus, amounting to an increase of over Rs 126.5 crore from 2009-10, included Rs 118.76 crore from the conduct of the Indian Premier League, the report stated.
Pandove, who has stepped down as the treasurer after having completed his term of three years, has projected the BCCI`s surplus to be just over 296 crore for current fiscal.
The gross income for the Board in 2010-11, amounting to Rs 2026.39 crore, has come from media rights (Rs 1047 crore), sponsorships (Rs 434.77 crore), IPL franchise consideration (Rs 289.44 crore), receipts from International Cricket Council/Asian Cricket Council (Rs 104.80 crore), interest and other incomes (Rs 73.68 and Rs 76.63 crore).
As against this, the gross expenditure incurred by BCCI amounted to Rs 1836.67 crore.
The expenses included payments to franchises (Rs 390.34 crore), TV and infrastructure subsidy to affiliated associations (Rs 237.57 and Rs 130.97 crore) and IPL subvention (Rs 202.61 crore).
Hosting of the Cricket World Cup, won by Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his men, cost the Board Rs 66.97 crore, the report stated.
The Board also reversed the amount of Rs 46.64 crore recoverable from former president Jagmohan Dalmiya (in connection with the 1996 PILCOM/INDCOM World Cup account) after withdrawing the case against him, as per the figures submitted at the 82nd AGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert