BCCI marketing committee to meet on March 7
Mumbai: The BCCI`s marketing committee headed by Dr Farooq Abdullah will meet on March 7 to decide on floating tenders for finding a new broadcast partner for international and domestic cricket ties hosted by the Board in the 2012-13 season.
The need to find a new partner has arisen following the BCCI`s termination of its contract with its previous rights holder Nimbus Communications in December last for defaulting on payments.
"The marketing committee meeting has been fixed for March 7 and all matters, including broadcast and internet rights, will come up for discussion," BCCI sources told PTI.
Nimbus had signed a four-year deal with BCCI in 2009 at the rate of Rs 31.5 crore per international game and it remains to be seen at what level the Board pegs its new base price for the matches.
The BCCI is set to host New Zealand in a three-Test rubber in August-September, England in a four-Test series in November-December and then again in a seven-match ODI series - aside from one T20 International - in January, 2013.
The internationals at home are set to end with a four-match Test series against Australia in February-March, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing