BCCI marketing committee to meet on March 7
Mumbai: The BCCI`s marketing committee headed by Dr Farooq Abdullah will meet on March 7 to decide on floating tenders for finding a new broadcast partner for international and domestic cricket ties hosted by the Board in the 2012-13 season.
The need to find a new partner has arisen following the BCCI`s termination of its contract with its previous rights holder Nimbus Communications in December last for defaulting on payments.
"The marketing committee meeting has been fixed for March 7 and all matters, including broadcast and internet rights, will come up for discussion," BCCI sources told PTI.
Nimbus had signed a four-year deal with BCCI in 2009 at the rate of Rs 31.5 crore per international game and it remains to be seen at what level the Board pegs its new base price for the matches.
The BCCI is set to host New Zealand in a three-Test rubber in August-September, England in a four-Test series in November-December and then again in a seven-match ODI series - aside from one T20 International - in January, 2013.
The internationals at home are set to end with a four-match Test series against Australia in February-March, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees