BCCI marketing committee to meet on March 7
Mumbai: The BCCI`s marketing committee headed by Dr Farooq Abdullah will meet on March 7 to decide on floating tenders for finding a new broadcast partner for international and domestic cricket ties hosted by the Board in the 2012-13 season.
The need to find a new partner has arisen following the BCCI`s termination of its contract with its previous rights holder Nimbus Communications in December last for defaulting on payments.
"The marketing committee meeting has been fixed for March 7 and all matters, including broadcast and internet rights, will come up for discussion," BCCI sources told PTI.
Nimbus had signed a four-year deal with BCCI in 2009 at the rate of Rs 31.5 crore per international game and it remains to be seen at what level the Board pegs its new base price for the matches.
The BCCI is set to host New Zealand in a three-Test rubber in August-September, England in a four-Test series in November-December and then again in a seven-match ODI series - aside from one T20 International - in January, 2013.
The internationals at home are set to end with a four-match Test series against Australia in February-March, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them