BCCI may question Dhoni after Champions Trophy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) might question Indian captain MS Dhoni regarding his stakes in Rhiti Sports and conflict of interest issue after India's campaign in Champions Trophy is over later this month.
Indian cricket board interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya had Monday promised to look into Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s alleged conflict of interest after the team returns from the Champions Trophy being held in England and Wales.
“I don’t want to disturb the team during the Champions Trophy. I gain nothing by doing that. We have taken a note of the (Dhoni) issue, we are looking into it but we are not going to hound someone,” had said Dalmiya at an emergency meeting of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) here.
Dhoni courted controversy recently following reports that he held 15 percent stake in Rhiti Sports Management, which manages cricketers Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha, besides the Indian skipper.
The company claimed that Dhoni held the shares for a brief while, and those were transferred back to the company in April after the payments to the India captain were cleared.
"As on date, MSD has no shares in Rhiti Sports Management. However, some shares were allotted to MSD on March 22, only to secure certain old outstandings that were due for more than a year," Arun Pandey, chairman and managing director of Rhiti Sports, had said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL