BCCI may question Dhoni after Champions Trophy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) might question Indian captain MS Dhoni regarding his stakes in Rhiti Sports and conflict of interest issue after India's campaign in Champions Trophy is over later this month.
Indian cricket board interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya had Monday promised to look into Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s alleged conflict of interest after the team returns from the Champions Trophy being held in England and Wales.
“I don’t want to disturb the team during the Champions Trophy. I gain nothing by doing that. We have taken a note of the (Dhoni) issue, we are looking into it but we are not going to hound someone,” had said Dalmiya at an emergency meeting of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) here.
Dhoni courted controversy recently following reports that he held 15 percent stake in Rhiti Sports Management, which manages cricketers Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha, besides the Indian skipper.
The company claimed that Dhoni held the shares for a brief while, and those were transferred back to the company in April after the payments to the India captain were cleared.
"As on date, MSD has no shares in Rhiti Sports Management. However, some shares were allotted to MSD on March 22, only to secure certain old outstandings that were due for more than a year," Arun Pandey, chairman and managing director of Rhiti Sports, had said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!