BCCI meet in Chennai to impose life ban on Lalit Modi today
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
Chennai: The BCCI will meet in Chennai today to deliberate upon whether to issue a life ban on former Indian Premier League (IPL) chief Lalit Modi.
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday had allowed BCCI to conduct its Special General Meeting (SGM) called to discuss the report of a Disciplinary Committee on alleged financial irregularities committed by Modi during his reign as the IPL commissioner.
Modi had challenged the SGM in Patiala Court and obtained a stay order on Saturday but the BCCI got approval from the Delhi HC on Tuesday.
A minimum of 21 votes out of the 31 units of the board are required to slap a life ban on Modi.
However, Modi is likely to approach the Supreme Court now on Wendesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam