BCCI meet in Chennai to impose life ban on Lalit Modi today
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
Chennai: The BCCI will meet in Chennai today to deliberate upon whether to issue a life ban on former Indian Premier League (IPL) chief Lalit Modi.
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday had allowed BCCI to conduct its Special General Meeting (SGM) called to discuss the report of a Disciplinary Committee on alleged financial irregularities committed by Modi during his reign as the IPL commissioner.
Modi had challenged the SGM in Patiala Court and obtained a stay order on Saturday but the BCCI got approval from the Delhi HC on Tuesday.
A minimum of 21 votes out of the 31 units of the board are required to slap a life ban on Modi.
However, Modi is likely to approach the Supreme Court now on Wendesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened