BCCI mulling to pull out of 2013 ICC Champions Trophy: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
The controversy over the election of L Sivaramakrishnan into the Federation of Cricketers Association (FICA) is set to take an ugly turn as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has dropped hint of pulling out of the 2013 Champions Trophy.
According to various reports, the BCCI is unhappy over the hue and cry being made over Sivaramakrishnan’s appointment ahead of FICA chief executive Tim May.
FICA wants the whole issue of election to be referred to Ethics Officer of the International Cricket Council (ICC) which has irked the Indian cricket board.
READ MORE ABOUT THE ISSUE HERE»
According to a report, BCCI is mulling many options to express its displeasure over the issue and pulling out of the high-profile event, set to be held in England in June, is one of them.
The furore over the former India spinner`s appointment was caused following allegations that BCCI forced a re-vote to get Sivaramakrishnan on the committee after May won the initial vote 9-1.
The Asian cricket playing nations including Sri Lanka and Pakistan have thrown their weight behind the BCCI claiming the allegations to be baseless.
WITH PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?