BCCI mulling to pull out of 2013 ICC Champions Trophy: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
The controversy over the election of L Sivaramakrishnan into the Federation of Cricketers Association (FICA) is set to take an ugly turn as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has dropped hint of pulling out of the 2013 Champions Trophy.
According to various reports, the BCCI is unhappy over the hue and cry being made over Sivaramakrishnan’s appointment ahead of FICA chief executive Tim May.
FICA wants the whole issue of election to be referred to Ethics Officer of the International Cricket Council (ICC) which has irked the Indian cricket board.
READ MORE ABOUT THE ISSUE HERE»
According to a report, BCCI is mulling many options to express its displeasure over the issue and pulling out of the high-profile event, set to be held in England in June, is one of them.
The furore over the former India spinner`s appointment was caused following allegations that BCCI forced a re-vote to get Sivaramakrishnan on the committee after May won the initial vote 9-1.
The Asian cricket playing nations including Sri Lanka and Pakistan have thrown their weight behind the BCCI claiming the allegations to be baseless.
WITH PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days