BCCI must own up responsibility in fixing scandal: BJP
Mumbai: Alleging that cricket fans are "betrayed" due to IPL spot-fixing, Opposition BJP on Friday said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should own up responsibility for the scandal and take stern action against those involved.
"BCCI should own responsibility and come out clean. They cannot escape from it since people who consider cricket as religion, feel betrayed due to the spot-fixing scandal", BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Javadekar said, BCCI must initiate strict action against players, administration and others involved in the spot-fixing.
Slamming BCCI chief N Srinivasan`s recent statement to a private news channel after the scandal was bust that the Board was a private entity, Jawadekar wondered, "If he (Srinivasan) says it is a private entity, then how can Team India be a national team? How can they (Team India) represent the country then?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption