BCCI must own up responsibility in fixing scandal: BJP
Mumbai: Alleging that cricket fans are "betrayed" due to IPL spot-fixing, Opposition BJP on Friday said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should own up responsibility for the scandal and take stern action against those involved.
"BCCI should own responsibility and come out clean. They cannot escape from it since people who consider cricket as religion, feel betrayed due to the spot-fixing scandal", BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Javadekar said, BCCI must initiate strict action against players, administration and others involved in the spot-fixing.
Slamming BCCI chief N Srinivasan`s recent statement to a private news channel after the scandal was bust that the Board was a private entity, Jawadekar wondered, "If he (Srinivasan) says it is a private entity, then how can Team India be a national team? How can they (Team India) represent the country then?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide