BCCI rubbishes reports of supporting UAE-based cricket league
New Delhi: The Indian cricket board today clarified that they are not backing any private seven-a-side league in the United Arab Emirates which is rumoured to be launched by Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Suresh Raina.
The BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel today issued a clarification a report published in a national daily carrying a story in this regard.
"........, in its issue dated 7 January 2014, has published a report titled `Unveiled: A new league that will redefine cricket,` about a cricket event to be played in the Middle East. The report mentions that the event has the blessings of the BCCI.
"The BCCI wishes to clarify that this is incorrect. The ICC has also clarified that the Emirates Cricket Board has not approved such a tournament," Patel was quoted as saying by the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes