BCCI says no further dragging of no-ball row
Mumbai: The Indian Cricket Board has no intention to drag the controversy surrounding the dismissal of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the ongoing second Test between India and West Indies at Barbados and wants to move on.
"We cannot keep on harping on the issue. They (host broadcaster IMG Media) have already apologised for the incident," said BCCI chief administrative officer, Ratnakar Shetty.
Suggesting that it was a genuine case of human error, he said that IMG Media had also handled production work for the recently concluded Indian Premier League.
An error by the broadcaster during the first day`s play led to the wrong replay being shown to the third umpire, which resulted in Dhoni`s dismissal.
During India`s innings, Dhoni was out caught at mid-on, off the bowling of Fidel Edwards.
Suspecting that the delivery may have been a no-ball, on-field umpire Ian Gould sought confirmation from third umpire Gregory Brathwaite.
The delivery that Brathwaite was shown was legitimate and hence, Dhoni was given out.
It was subsequently established that Brathwaite had been shown the wrong replay and that the delivery that led to Dhoni`s dismissal should have been called a no-ball.
India, then 167 for five, collapsed after the fall of Dhoni`s wicket to be all out for 201 in the final session`s play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video