BCCI says no further dragging of no-ball row
Mumbai: The Indian Cricket Board has no intention to drag the controversy surrounding the dismissal of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the ongoing second Test between India and West Indies at Barbados and wants to move on.
"We cannot keep on harping on the issue. They (host broadcaster IMG Media) have already apologised for the incident," said BCCI chief administrative officer, Ratnakar Shetty.
Suggesting that it was a genuine case of human error, he said that IMG Media had also handled production work for the recently concluded Indian Premier League.
An error by the broadcaster during the first day`s play led to the wrong replay being shown to the third umpire, which resulted in Dhoni`s dismissal.
During India`s innings, Dhoni was out caught at mid-on, off the bowling of Fidel Edwards.
Suspecting that the delivery may have been a no-ball, on-field umpire Ian Gould sought confirmation from third umpire Gregory Brathwaite.
The delivery that Brathwaite was shown was legitimate and hence, Dhoni was given out.
It was subsequently established that Brathwaite had been shown the wrong replay and that the delivery that led to Dhoni`s dismissal should have been called a no-ball.
India, then 167 for five, collapsed after the fall of Dhoni`s wicket to be all out for 201 in the final session`s play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog