BCCI says no further dragging of no-ball row
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, July 01, 2011, 00:00
  
BCCI says no further dragging of no-ball rowMumbai: The Indian Cricket Board has no intention to drag the controversy surrounding the dismissal of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the ongoing second Test between India and West Indies at Barbados and wants to move on.

"We cannot keep on harping on the issue. They (host broadcaster IMG Media) have already apologised for the incident," said BCCI chief administrative officer, Ratnakar Shetty.

Suggesting that it was a genuine case of human error, he said that IMG Media had also handled production work for the recently concluded Indian Premier League.
An error by the broadcaster during the first day`s play led to the wrong replay being shown to the third umpire, which resulted in Dhoni`s dismissal.

During India`s innings, Dhoni was out caught at mid-on, off the bowling of Fidel Edwards.

Suspecting that the delivery may have been a no-ball, on-field umpire Ian Gould sought confirmation from third umpire Gregory Brathwaite.
The delivery that Brathwaite was shown was legitimate and hence, Dhoni was given out.

It was subsequently established that Brathwaite had been shown the wrong replay and that the delivery that led to Dhoni`s dismissal should have been called a no-ball.

India, then 167 for five, collapsed after the fall of Dhoni`s wicket to be all out for 201 in the final session`s play.

PTI

First Published: Friday, July 01, 2011, 00:00


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular in News