BCCI secretary Jagdale criticises functioning of IDCA
Indore: Taking a dig at Indore Divisional Cricket Association`s (IDCA) president and state Minister for Commerce, Kailash Vijayvargiya, BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale on Thursday rapped the local cricket body.
"It`s very shocking and sad to see the condition of Indore cricket," said Jagdale, holding a press conference against the backdrop of termination of membership of 20 members of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association by Registrar of Societies.
The members have alleged that Vijayvargiya was behind the termination.
"They (IDCA) said that they developed Gymkhana Ground as nursery of cricket... Can they name a cricketer from this nursery who made mark at the international level," he said.
Talking about IDCA`s indoor cricket academy, Jagdale, a former cricketer from Indore, said it had produced no talent.
Former test player Narendra Hirwani, whose MPCA membership too has been terminated, said on this occasion: "I believe in judiciary. My interest and attachment with cricket is enough for me and today we are here to appeal to the people that this gentleman`s game should not go in wrong hands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far