BCCI secretary Jagdale criticises functioning of IDCA
Indore: Taking a dig at Indore Divisional Cricket Association`s (IDCA) president and state Minister for Commerce, Kailash Vijayvargiya, BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale on Thursday rapped the local cricket body.
"It`s very shocking and sad to see the condition of Indore cricket," said Jagdale, holding a press conference against the backdrop of termination of membership of 20 members of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association by Registrar of Societies.
The members have alleged that Vijayvargiya was behind the termination.
"They (IDCA) said that they developed Gymkhana Ground as nursery of cricket... Can they name a cricketer from this nursery who made mark at the international level," he said.
Talking about IDCA`s indoor cricket academy, Jagdale, a former cricketer from Indore, said it had produced no talent.
Former test player Narendra Hirwani, whose MPCA membership too has been terminated, said on this occasion: "I believe in judiciary. My interest and attachment with cricket is enough for me and today we are here to appeal to the people that this gentleman`s game should not go in wrong hands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak