BCCI secretary Jagdale criticises functioning of IDCA
Indore: Taking a dig at Indore Divisional Cricket Association`s (IDCA) president and state Minister for Commerce, Kailash Vijayvargiya, BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale on Thursday rapped the local cricket body.
"It`s very shocking and sad to see the condition of Indore cricket," said Jagdale, holding a press conference against the backdrop of termination of membership of 20 members of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association by Registrar of Societies.
The members have alleged that Vijayvargiya was behind the termination.
"They (IDCA) said that they developed Gymkhana Ground as nursery of cricket... Can they name a cricketer from this nursery who made mark at the international level," he said.
Talking about IDCA`s indoor cricket academy, Jagdale, a former cricketer from Indore, said it had produced no talent.
Former test player Narendra Hirwani, whose MPCA membership too has been terminated, said on this occasion: "I believe in judiciary. My interest and attachment with cricket is enough for me and today we are here to appeal to the people that this gentleman`s game should not go in wrong hands."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan