BCCI shifts 3rd India-Australia Test to Hyderabad
New Delhi: The BCCI today shifted the third match of the upcoming India-Australia Test series from Kanpur to Hyderabad, citing construction work at the original venue which was criticised for being under-prepared by a Cricket Australia inspection team.
"The Tour, Programme and Fixtures Committee of the BCCI has decided to shift the third Test of the forthcoming AIRTEL Test series between India and Australia from the Green Park, Kanpur to the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad.
This change is as per the rotation policy of the Board," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement.
"The change was necessitated because the ongoing construction activity at the Green Park, Kanpur, would not have been completed in time for the Test," it added.
The BCCI`s decision came after a Cricket Australia inspection team expressed dissatisfaction with Green Park`s facilities.
"Neither the ACA or Cricket Australia is keen on playing in Kanpur. We`ve made that known to the BCCI (Indian board) but we haven`t received a definitive response yet," the Australian Cricketers` Association chief Paul Marsh had stated.
"The change-room facilities are not up to international standard and there are various issues with the outfield and the pitch.
The main thing is there are certain facilities they haven`t got that we would expect to be in place for international cricket," he added.
India will take on Australia in a four-match Test series, and the other three matches will be played in New Delhi, Mohali and Chennai.
The revised match-schedule is as follows:
First Test -- Delhi (February 22 to 26)
Second Test -- Mohali (March 2 to 6)
Third Test -- Hyderabad (March 14 to 18)
Fourth Test -- Chennai (March 22 to 26).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla