BCCI should be whipped for inviting Pakistan: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray today said the BCCI should be "publicly whipped" for the decision to resume bilateral cricket series with Pakistan.
"The whole country is against Pakistan. BCCI should be whipped before the Taj Hotel and CST (venues of the 26/11 terror attacks)", Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
"Having peace talks with Pakistan which is behind the blasts in India is a farce, Thackeray said. Playing cricket with them is treason", he added.
BCCI was after money and willing to trade the country`s security for money, he alleged.
Thackeray lauded Sunil Gavaskar for his opposition to the Indo-Pak cricket matches. "He has given voice to the sentiments of the people", he said.
"The empty stadiums during these matches will be the true homage to 26/11 victims and martyrs", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy