BCCI should be whipped for inviting Pakistan: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray today said the BCCI should be "publicly whipped" for the decision to resume bilateral cricket series with Pakistan.
"The whole country is against Pakistan. BCCI should be whipped before the Taj Hotel and CST (venues of the 26/11 terror attacks)", Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
"Having peace talks with Pakistan which is behind the blasts in India is a farce, Thackeray said. Playing cricket with them is treason", he added.
BCCI was after money and willing to trade the country`s security for money, he alleged.
Thackeray lauded Sunil Gavaskar for his opposition to the Indo-Pak cricket matches. "He has given voice to the sentiments of the people", he said.
"The empty stadiums during these matches will be the true homage to 26/11 victims and martyrs", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi