BCCI should be whipped for inviting Pakistan: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray today said the BCCI should be "publicly whipped" for the decision to resume bilateral cricket series with Pakistan.
"The whole country is against Pakistan. BCCI should be whipped before the Taj Hotel and CST (venues of the 26/11 terror attacks)", Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
"Having peace talks with Pakistan which is behind the blasts in India is a farce, Thackeray said. Playing cricket with them is treason", he added.
BCCI was after money and willing to trade the country`s security for money, he alleged.
Thackeray lauded Sunil Gavaskar for his opposition to the Indo-Pak cricket matches. "He has given voice to the sentiments of the people", he said.
"The empty stadiums during these matches will be the true homage to 26/11 victims and martyrs", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police