BCCI should recognise private cricket academies: Kapil
Kolkata: Former Indian cricket captain Kapil Dev today said the BCCI should recognise private academies which, he felt, have adequate infrastructure.
"Even ten years ago, I had told the board to recognise cricket academies like this. As the country produces good cricketers for Team India, the board only stands to benefit," Dev said while inaugurating a bowling machine at the Mainland-Sambaram Cricket Academy here.
Pointing out that the need of the hour is to create infrastructure and build facilities for budding cricketers in India, he said the BCCI should also help by giving cricket bats and constructing good pitches in academies.
Appreciating the cricket-crazy fans of the city, he said the passion for the sport here is unmatched.
"In Kolkata, I find parents bringing their children for cricket coaching. In the north, parents stop their children. That is the difference I feel whenever I come to Kolkata," Dev said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi