BCCI should take note of Dravid`s remark and rectify: Prasanna
Bangalore: Terming batting great Rahul Dravid`s remarks on Indian cricket facing a serious credibility crisis as "constructive", former spin legend Erapalli Prasanna on Monday asked the BCCI to take cognisance of it and rectify themselves.
The 73-year-old, who took 189 wickets in his 49 Test appearance for India, said: "Things have not changed since the inception of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
"I think they should take cognisance of what Dravid has said and rectify themselves and make cricket important."
Prasanna said Dravid had the guts to say what he feels and if few more people made such constructive comments, it would help the game.
Dravid today expressed anguish over the recent IPL spot-fixing scandal and its fallout, saying that restoring the credibility of the game was of utmost importance failing which cricketers may lose respect of their fans.
"Things like this don`t help, when we are on the front pages of the newspapers and not on the back," Dravid told ESPN Cricinfo.
"There are so many fans and so many people who care deeply about this game and it is because of these fans that we are who we are as cricketers. Administrators are there because of the fans and the cricketers to run this game, so credibility of a game, or a board, or even a government for that matter, is important irrespective of what you do. If you are in public life it is important," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan