BCCI should take note of Dravid`s remark and rectify: Prasanna
Bangalore: Terming batting great Rahul Dravid`s remarks on Indian cricket facing a serious credibility crisis as "constructive", former spin legend Erapalli Prasanna on Monday asked the BCCI to take cognisance of it and rectify themselves.
The 73-year-old, who took 189 wickets in his 49 Test appearance for India, said: "Things have not changed since the inception of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
"I think they should take cognisance of what Dravid has said and rectify themselves and make cricket important."
Prasanna said Dravid had the guts to say what he feels and if few more people made such constructive comments, it would help the game.
Dravid today expressed anguish over the recent IPL spot-fixing scandal and its fallout, saying that restoring the credibility of the game was of utmost importance failing which cricketers may lose respect of their fans.
"Things like this don`t help, when we are on the front pages of the newspapers and not on the back," Dravid told ESPN Cricinfo.
"There are so many fans and so many people who care deeply about this game and it is because of these fans that we are who we are as cricketers. Administrators are there because of the fans and the cricketers to run this game, so credibility of a game, or a board, or even a government for that matter, is important irrespective of what you do. If you are in public life it is important," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert