BCCI taking up commentators issue with ECB: Shukla
New Delhi: Taking strong objection to former England captain Nasser Hussain`s comparison of Indian cricketers to `donkeys`, the BCCI on Monday decided to take up the issue with the English Cricket Board (ECB).
Hussain had made the comment after Parthiv Patel misjudged a Kevin Pietersen`s catch off Munaf Patel`s bowling during the one-off twenty20 match between India and England in Manchester.
"The BCCI is taking up with the matter with the English Cricket Board, which engage such commentators. We are trying to take up the matter with them," BCCI Vice President Rajiv Shukla said.
"Such comments are totally inappropriate and uncalled for. They should be severely condemned.”
"Commentators who make such comments, should abstain from saying such things. We are taking up the matter with the English Cricket Board," he added.
Shukla also indicated that the BCCI would ask the ECB not to hire such commentators in future, who make comments against players and teams which are not in good taste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read