BCCI taking up commentators issue with ECB: Shukla
New Delhi: Taking strong objection to former England captain Nasser Hussain`s comparison of Indian cricketers to `donkeys`, the BCCI on Monday decided to take up the issue with the English Cricket Board (ECB).
Hussain had made the comment after Parthiv Patel misjudged a Kevin Pietersen`s catch off Munaf Patel`s bowling during the one-off twenty20 match between India and England in Manchester.
"The BCCI is taking up with the matter with the English Cricket Board, which engage such commentators. We are trying to take up the matter with them," BCCI Vice President Rajiv Shukla said.
"Such comments are totally inappropriate and uncalled for. They should be severely condemned.”
"Commentators who make such comments, should abstain from saying such things. We are taking up the matter with the English Cricket Board," he added.
Shukla also indicated that the BCCI would ask the ECB not to hire such commentators in future, who make comments against players and teams which are not in good taste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan