BCCI to decide on home series title sponsors on Thursday
Mumbai: The newly constituted 26-member BCCI marketing committee headed by Amitabh Chaudhary would meet here on Thursday to decide on new title sponsors for the international matches organised in India for next six months.
The BCCI had invited new bids from corporate houses after existing series title sponsors - telecom major Airtel - decided against renewing their association with the Board.
The bids - for matches to be held from October 1 this year to March 31, 2014 - are to be opened, evaluated and sponsorships awarded tomorrow at 12 noon, the BCCI had announced.
Airtel had won the rights as series sponsors for all international and domestic matches played in India from September 1, 2010 to March 31, 2013 for a consideration of Rs 3.33 crore per match.
The base price for buying rights for India`s home fixtures has been set at Rs 2 crore per match (Tests/ODIs/Twenty20 Internationals).
There are two international series currently scheduled during the period -- the seven-match ODI series and a T20 game between India and Australia, followed by two Tests and three ODIs against the West Indies.
Sponsorship rights will extend to domestic events such as Irani Cup, Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Vijay Hazare, Deodhar Trophy and Raj Singh Dungarpur Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan