BCCI to discuss HotSpot at ICC meet in Dubai
Kolkata: BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya today said the Board would discuss Warren Brennan`s observation on HotSpot technology at the ICC`s chief executive`s meeting on September 16 and 17.
"(Board secretary) Sanjay Patel would discuss Brennan`s observation that protecting coatings on bats prevent edges being detected. The Board will discuss whether the observation is right or not," Dalmiya said.
Inventor of HotSpot, Bernan had raised concerns about the batsmen`s using of silicone tape to prevent edges and fool the technology during the Ashes series.
The Board is learnt to have no problem with the HotSpot technology but have maintained that the decision review system is not fool proof especially the ball tracking technology with regard to trajectory, bounce of the wicket and the point of impact.
The ICC meeting assumes more significance as the Board secretary will meet CSA chief executive Haroon Lorgat on the sidelines to sort out the South Africa tour tangle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued