BCCI to discuss HotSpot at ICC meet in Dubai
Kolkata: BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya today said the Board would discuss Warren Brennan`s observation on HotSpot technology at the ICC`s chief executive`s meeting on September 16 and 17.
"(Board secretary) Sanjay Patel would discuss Brennan`s observation that protecting coatings on bats prevent edges being detected. The Board will discuss whether the observation is right or not," Dalmiya said.
Inventor of HotSpot, Bernan had raised concerns about the batsmen`s using of silicone tape to prevent edges and fool the technology during the Ashes series.
The Board is learnt to have no problem with the HotSpot technology but have maintained that the decision review system is not fool proof especially the ball tracking technology with regard to trajectory, bounce of the wicket and the point of impact.
The ICC meeting assumes more significance as the Board secretary will meet CSA chief executive Haroon Lorgat on the sidelines to sort out the South Africa tour tangle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women