BCCI to discuss HotSpot at ICC meet in Dubai
Kolkata: BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya today said the Board would discuss Warren Brennan`s observation on HotSpot technology at the ICC`s chief executive`s meeting on September 16 and 17.
"(Board secretary) Sanjay Patel would discuss Brennan`s observation that protecting coatings on bats prevent edges being detected. The Board will discuss whether the observation is right or not," Dalmiya said.
Inventor of HotSpot, Bernan had raised concerns about the batsmen`s using of silicone tape to prevent edges and fool the technology during the Ashes series.
The Board is learnt to have no problem with the HotSpot technology but have maintained that the decision review system is not fool proof especially the ball tracking technology with regard to trajectory, bounce of the wicket and the point of impact.
The ICC meeting assumes more significance as the Board secretary will meet CSA chief executive Haroon Lorgat on the sidelines to sort out the South Africa tour tangle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi