BCCI to unearth bowling talent across country
New Delhi: In a bid to boost the country`s bowling repository, the BCCI has launched a programme to unearth talent through open trials for pacemen and spinners at various centres.
The trials will be conducted by the National Cricket Academy faculty in Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh, over the next couple of weeks and boys between the age of 17 and 22 will be eligible, a BCCI release stated.
The youngsters, though, should have played in any BCCI-run tournament to participate.
Former Test cricketer, Karsan Ghavri, and Yoginder Puri will supervise the trials and shortlist the bowlers.
While the trials will be held in Himachal`s Dharamsala on February 18 and 19, the boys from Jammu and Kashmir will be able to showcase their skills in Jammu on February 22 and 23.
The camp will then move to Ranchi on February 25 before shifting to Raipur on February 28.
• Himachal Pradesh: Feb 18 and 19; venue-- Dharamshala
• Jammu & Kashmir: Feb 22 and 23; venue--Jammu
• Jharkhand: Feb 25 and 26; venue--Ranchi
• Chhattisgarh: Feb 28 and 29; venue--Raipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!