BCCI to unearth bowling talent across country
New Delhi: In a bid to boost the country`s bowling repository, the BCCI has launched a programme to unearth talent through open trials for pacemen and spinners at various centres.
The trials will be conducted by the National Cricket Academy faculty in Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh, over the next couple of weeks and boys between the age of 17 and 22 will be eligible, a BCCI release stated.
The youngsters, though, should have played in any BCCI-run tournament to participate.
Former Test cricketer, Karsan Ghavri, and Yoginder Puri will supervise the trials and shortlist the bowlers.
While the trials will be held in Himachal`s Dharamsala on February 18 and 19, the boys from Jammu and Kashmir will be able to showcase their skills in Jammu on February 22 and 23.
The camp will then move to Ranchi on February 25 before shifting to Raipur on February 28.
• Himachal Pradesh: Feb 18 and 19; venue-- Dharamshala
• Jammu & Kashmir: Feb 22 and 23; venue--Jammu
• Jharkhand: Feb 25 and 26; venue--Ranchi
• Chhattisgarh: Feb 28 and 29; venue--Raipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says