BCCI umpires to be called for assessment meeting: Thakur
New Delhi: In their bid to improve the standard of umpiring at the domestic level, the BCCI is mulling on calling all the registered umpires for a meeting before the start of the season to discuss and assess their performance of the earlier season.
"Since all the BCCI matches are recorded and there is an Umpires` coach at each venue, the BCCI will now call all the umpires and the videos will be shown. They would be told about where all they have gone wrong and accordingly corrective measures will be taken," BCCI joint secretary and head of the umpires` sub-committee Anurag Thakur told PTI during an interaction.
Thakur also said that there has been elaborate discussions on how to make more use of the specialised Umpires` Academy in Nagpur.
"We plan to use the Nagpur Academy to the fullest in order to get the best available umpiring talent," Thakur said.
Predictably, Shahvir Tarapore has been dropped from BCCI`s INternational panel with S Ravi being upgraded as an on-field umpire from his post of TV umpire. The new entrants are Vineet Kulkarni and C Shamshuddin both as TV umpires while Sudhir Asnani remained as one of the two on-field umpires.
Sudhir Asnani, S. Ravi; TV UMPIRES: Vineet Kulkarni, C. Shamshuddin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption