BCCI vice-president baffled by Kumble`s resignation
Chandigarh: Baffled by the resignation of former India captain Anil Kumble as chief of the National Cricket Academy (NCA), the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) vice president M P Pandove said he fails to identify the reasons behind this decision.
Holder of the highest Test and one-day dismissals for India, Kumble had said a difference of opinion with the committee members prompted his decision to resign.
Pandove said that he was present in the meeting, when Kumble announced his decision. Urging the former leg-spinner to reconsider his decision, Pandove also requested BCCI President Narayanaswami Srinivasan to ask Kumble to continue with his post.
"I was present in that meeting, where we were told that Anil has shown that he is not interested to continue. I asked him to continue to back the game, please re-consider the decision. But then he told me that he has explained all the reasons to the President (BCCI) that he has some other important things to do," said Pandove.
Kumble, had taken the responsibility of NCA chief from former Indian captain, Ravi Shastri, more than a year ago.
As per Indian media reports, Kumble wanted to change the NCA into a training centre where youngsters brush up their skills before entering the domestic or international circuit.
The academy currently functions as a rehabilitation centre where injured national team players undergo treatment under the guidance of physiotherapists and trainers appointed by the BCCI.
Pandove assumed that due to the multiple responsibilities Kumble found it difficult to manage his post as the NCA chief.
"What I could understand was that Kumble is the President of Karnataka Cricket Association, he is also the manager of the Bangalore Royal Challengers, IPL team. I think he feels that he has his hands full and may not be able to devote that much time. This could be one, this is only my personal thinking but could be other reasons also, which he didn`t share with us," added Pandove.
Kumble is currently the president of the Karnataka Cricket Association and a mentor with the Royal Challengers Bangalore IPL team.
The only bowler to take 10 wickets in a Test innings apart from England`s Jim Laker, Kumble also manages a talent nurturing company, which provides coaching facilities to Karnataka players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog