BCCI will oppose DRS at the ICC Meet: BCCI secretary Patel
New Delhi: India will continue to oppose the uniform implementation of Decision Review System (DRS) at the Annual Conference of the ICC in London, according to newly appointed BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel.
"There is no question of agreeing upon the uniform implementation of the DRS. India`s stand has been very clear from the onset and we are against the use of DRS in Test series. There will be no change in our stand at the ICC Annual Conference in London," Patel, who will be attending the CEO`s meet during the Annual Conference, told PTI today.
Patel also said that technically BCCI is not in a position to change its point of view on the DRS issue.
"It was an unanimous decision taken by the Working Committee that BCCI will be opposing DRS as we don`t find it foolproof. If we have to change our stand then it needs to be ratified by the Working Committee which hasn`t been done in this case. So the question of agreeing with DRS doesn`t arise as it doesn`t have the approval of the working committee," Patel explained.
Asked whether BCCI will be able to withstand the pressure from ICC regarding the implementation, Patel countered, "How can they just think of imposing something unilaterally on BCCI? It doesn`t work like that."
On a different note, when Patel was asked about the progress of the Ravi Sawani commission, he answered, "Next week, Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Siddharth Trivedi will be summoned by Mr Sawani to depose before him. Once they have presented their side of the story, Sawani will be submitting the report to the BCCI disciplinary committee."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends