BCCI Working Committee meeting Live: Srinivasan to step aside; Dalmiya to be interim chief
Zee Media Bureau
6: 10 pm CAB President Jagmohan Dalmiya has been elected as the interim chief of the BCCI till investigations into the spot-fixing scandal are over.
4:55 pm The meeting has ended. According to reports, Dalmiya has been named interim President of BCCI, and his name was proposed by Arun Jaitley.
4:45 pm Reports suggest N Srinivasan will step aside as BCCI President till investigation into IPL spot-fixing scandal is over.
4:43 pm: Jagmohan Dalmiya to take care of day-to-day affairs of BCCI. Sanjay Jagdale and Ajay Shirke asked to withdraw their resignation.
4:35 pm Two board members have proposed Jagmohan Dalmiya’s name as the interim president of BCCI.
03:45 pm: Apparently Srinivasan is ready to step aside but he won't resign.
03:25 pm: According to latest reports, the BCCI members want Srinivasan to resign immediately. They are threatening to resign en masse if Srinivasan doesn’t resign. The meeting has been a stormy affair so far.
02:44 pm: The BCCI Working Committee meeting has started.
02:30 pm: Various media reports suggest that Srinivasan has indeed agreed to step aside till the probe in the IPL spot-fixing scandal is over.
01:45 pm: Ajay Shirke has reached Chennai's Park Sheraton for BCCI meet.
01:33 pm: According to various reports, former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya is the now the frontrunner to become the interim chief.
11:25 am: Anurag Thakur and Rajeev Shukla will also attend the meeting via video conferencing. It has been reported that Ajay Shirke and Sanjay Jagdale were also invited to attend the meet.
10:35 am: Names of various candidates are being suggested to replace Srinivasan. Reports suggest that in the event of Shashank Manohar refusing to take the post, Jagmohan Dalmiya might be the preferred choice to be the interim chief. Meanhwile, IS Bindra says that N Srinivasan should quit.
10:08 am: The board members have started arriving in Chennai for the meeting. Arun Jaitely will not be present in Chennai. He will take part in the proceedings via video conferencing.
9:05 am According to latest reports, current BCCI president N Srinivasan is being asked to step aside by the board members unconditionally. Also, there is reportedly still no consensus over who will be the interim chief.
Srinivasan’s fate as the BCCI chief in wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal will be sealed in a crucial meeting of the board in Chennai today.
Following the decision to prepond the meeting by a week, IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla on Saturday announced his resignation from the post revelations of spot-fixing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM