BCCI’s olive branch for Sahara: Replacement for Yuvraj in IPL
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chennai: BCCI is likely to offer Sahara replacement for Yuvraj Singh as part of its effort to strike a deal with the estranged sponsors of the Indian cricket team.
Apart from that it might also allow Sahara to sell some of their stake in Pune franchise to a partner but won’t agree on the issue of backing out of bank guarantee.
The meeting being held in Chennai might see the richest cricket board offering the compromise formula to the corporate behemoth after it decided to sever ties with them ending an 11-years long association.
Sahara had signed a renewed sponsorship agreement with the BCCI on July 1, 2010 till December 31, 2013 and was paying Rs 3.34 crore per Test match, one-day international and Twenty20 International under the new terms. The deal is said to be worth Rs 532 crore.
The bone of contention was Sahara seeking a replacement for Yuvraj Singh who is undergoing treatment for a malignant lung tumour in the United States. The franchise wanted that Yuvraj`s salary of USD 1.8 million be added to their kitty of USD 1.6 million after they spent USD 400,000 on retaining Sourav Ganguly.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack