Beer and grin it; Australia flout ICC rules and violate WACA
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Perth: A video footage obtained by a news channel showed a group of people on and around the pitch at WACA stadium, Perth and some of them seemed to be carrying beer bottles on the turf on the eve of the Test match.
ICC rules clearly state that the pitch area has to be roped-off before the match and no one should be allowed to go near it, let alone some merry makers.
The independent video shows a bunch of people lazing on the pitch with beer bottles in their hands, a mismanagement example by the Australian groundsmen.
There was instant criticism from the Indian cricketing circles on the issue and Cricket Australia is yet to give a clarification.
The footage showed three or four ground-staff sitting on the wicket with beer Can and the Indian TV channel said it had acquired it through independent source.
The visuals showed some of the barefooted staff having accreditation card while there were others who did not have any card at all.
Senior BCCI functionary Rajiv Shukla said the Cricket Australia must look into the issue.
"It is a serious matter and the Australian cricket Board should look into it, It is the responsibility of the host cricket Board to maintain the wicket. It is their prime responsibility," Shukla said.
Asked if they have talked to the Cricket Australia about it, he said, "It's upto the team management to look into it. if there is a complaint only then we can take it up. We are awaiting the report of the team management."
"I would like to urge the Australian Cricket Board to look into it. There should be no foreign element on the wicket. The sanctity of the wicket should be maintained," he added.
The channel said as per the ICC rules, the track should be covered and cordoned off ahead of a Test match.
It was not clear whether the Indian team management has lodged a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!