Believe it or not, Dhoni richer than Bolt, Djokovic!
London: Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has pipped the likes of `Sprint King` Usain Bolt, tennis ace Novak Djokovic and teammate Sachin Tendulkar in the latest list of world`s 100 richest sportspersons, released by the Forbes magazine.
According to the list, Dhoni is ranked 31st, which is way ahead of Djokovic (62nd), Bolt (63rd) and Tendulkar (78th). Star footballers Wayne Rooney and Fernando Torres are also behind Dhoni in the latest list.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather topped the list with a total earnings of USD 85 million while Fillipino pugilist Manny Pacquiao, with earnings of USD 62 million, and golf legend Tiger Woods, with USD 59.4 million, are second and third.
Of his total earnings of 26.5 million, Dhoni earns 23 m through endorsements. Tendulkar has earned USD 18.6 million with 16.5 m from endorsements.
Interestingly, the Indian captain`s earnings through endorsements is more than the world`s most popular footballer Lionel Messi.
Although Messi is 11th in the list with total earnings of USD 39 million -- his earnings from endorsements is USD 19 million, which is 4 million less than that of Dhoni.
Manchester United`s star striker Rooney is placed 37th with a total earnings of USD 24.3 million.
Djokovic from Serbia, winner of six Grand Slams singles titles, is 62nd with USD 20.6 million, while Olympic 100m champion Usain Bolt is 63rd with total earnings of USD 20.3 million.
Maria Sharapova is the richest among women`s sportspersons at 26th with earnings of USD 27.9 million.
While Roger Federer is ranked fifth in the list, David Beckham (8th) and Cristiano Ronaldo (9th) are the two soccer stars who are in the top-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan